This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Cactus...............

There's not a lot to cheer the gloomy days indoors at this time of year. The Christmas Cactus is bright and beautiful and comes in a variety of colours. I seem to always choose the pink for its vibrant hue. It's different from the reds of the Christmas season, maybe that's why. There are many good things to be said about it, they are easy to keep (don't overwater) and easy to propogate.

Photobucket

If you look at the individual flowers they are exquisite, like orchids.

Photobucket

1 comment:

My Little Home and Garden said...

My Christmas cactus grows happily enough, but it doesn't seem to want to bloom. You must have the right touch.