This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring has sprung.......

Well its official, Spring has sprung. We saw our first close up of a Robin today. We had heard them and seen them from afar but these two were looking for worms. They were also courting. So........soon be nesting time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its good to see the snow melting and the grass getting green. I will be looking for the crocus and snowdrops any day now. It is still March so with such a mild winter, I wonder what the Spring will be like.
Here is a Starling who was hanging out with the Robins. Look at that wicked beak.
Photobucket

They are so pretty, why are they so disliked? Must be the personality. I know we had a female nest in our eaves. What a ruckus. They were so noisy and we could not remove the nest until the babies had left and by then she was having a 2nd batch. We did, in the end manage to remove and seal the end of the eaves up so she was thwarted. The previous year she had nested all summer and must have produced her own flock. They don't come around much anymore. She must have found a better nesting place.
I also took a picture of a Downey Woodpecker who was drumming on the electric pole
Photobucket
Its a wonder he didn't bend his beak
Photobucket
I did this post on the 14th and today is 15th and here are the snowdrops.
Photobucket
Amazing how a days sunshine can just pop things out like that.

No comments: