This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, April 16, 2012

A gardeners Poems.............

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in the garden,
Than anywhere else on earth.
~Dorothy Gurney~


Photobucket

In a garden green and gay
All my troubles fade away
Sweet contentment here I find
Joy of heart and peace of mind
Patience Strong


Photobucket

Rainy days of April so they say
Give way to the pretty flowers of May
Gentle buds on fruit trees bloom
Bursting forth from winters gloom
JKS April 2012


Photobucket

What more could the heart desire
In sunshine or in rain
Than a quaint old cottage
In a little English lane
Patience Strong


Photobucket
White door cottage



The Gardeners Morning

The robins song at daybreak
Is a clarion call to me,
Get up and get in the garden,
For the morning hours flee.

I cannot resist the summons,
For what earnest gardner could?
For the golden hours of morning,
Get into the gardners blood.

The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For lifes at it's best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.

Howard Dolf


Photobucket

2 comments:

CraveCute said...

Very pretty floral pictures! Love the cherry blossoms! Also your little poodles are adorable!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Love the forget me nots, Janice! Working on an annual herb list for you. Will be published some time this week. Let me know what you think. xxoo Nancy