This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blossoms..................

I have been fascinated by the blossoms on my Crab apple tree this year. If anyone thinks bee's are on the way out will be reassured by the number busy on my blossoms. The butterfly's are back too. All good news. Last year I saw none. The blossoms have been really beautiful. Both sides of the tree are blooming together. The natural tree is white blossom. The grafted on Crab Apple is pink. So its looking really pretty right now.
Photobucket

The pink is so vibrant. Its been raining this week so these will probably be the last pictures of the blossom for this year but I did take a lot of them.

107_0280-001

The white is so ethereal

107_0267

I get this amazing feeling standing under the tree with all those busy little workers collecting the pollen and humming and buzzing around my head. They wont hurt me, I know that and trust them. I just adore the bigger fuzzy Bumble Bee's and imagine fairies riding around on their backs.

bumble

The tree looks amazing from the road but I have not taken a picture of that where both sides show. This one is pretty though

107_0324

1 comment:

Hitchhiker42 said...

That crab apple is great! I used to live in Sonoma County in California and around the town of Sebastopol there are apple orchards. In spring, sometimes the wild mustard coordinates with the apple orchards and everything blooms together. There is a carpet of riotous yellow flowers underneath a profusion of pink Gravenstein apple blossoms. It's really amazing.