This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's getting warmer..................

100_0454
So the cats hanging out waiting waiting waiting for the chipmunk but the chipmunk will not play the game. This is where Chippy lives. The window of our bssement. He has raised several families there and is not falling for it.

Photobucket

she is watchful and patient to a point. She is a cat though and easily distracted.

100_0457

She goes off for a drink, she tried the pond but was afraid of falling in so here she is trying the bird bath.

100_0487

Have to show some pretty flowers

100_0460

The hedges are full of flowers...Spirea.

100_0432

The lilac is smelling so sweet

100_0436

In spots with less colour its nice to put something glass that glows. Gazing Balls fit the bill. I love glass and they just add to the beauty.

100_0474

The Finches love the fountain.

100_0389

The Snowball bush is beginning to bloom

100_0467

Some other sun lovers

100_0449

I moved the Poppy last year and it has settled in well, she is now ready to bloom.

100_0450

I got the little gnome for Mother's Day from my ex son in law and his family

Photobucket

More pretty glass balls to add to the interest.

Photobucket


The pink/peach Azalea is almost fully out now. Very soon it will be full of colour.


Photobucket

The garden is filling in but still somewhat sporadic. Some of the leaves have not shown up yet, the vines and the grapevine has still to foliate.
Its fun to see day by day how things progress.










1 comment:

Hitchhiker42 said...

No garden is complete without a gazing ball and a garden gnome. haha, I would love to get the Travelocity gnome and put him in my yard. Apparently you can order the gnome from their commercials!