This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, June 15, 2012

A few more roses..............

Many many years ago, Laura bought me a rose bush for Mothers Day. It was so thorny that I moved it between some shrubs and they grew around it. I cut it down every year in the Fall and every year it comes back bigger with more flowers. It's awesome. the shrubs are evergreens and have grown huge. The rose has spread all through them and grown taller each year. It would be a great climber.
rosesrred1
Another group, they are not single blooms but grow in bunches and are all over the place.
Photobucket

See how its spread through the whole area. It's looking nice. The Geraniums on the deck look down on them.
102_0235

I don't have much luck with roses, as I have said before. This year I fed them a bit more and will do so again. I have had more blooms than in a long time. This is the first bloom on this one. I put this baby in a large pot last year. It has this one bloom, its quite pretty I thought. With a good prune I bet it will do good next year.
rosesred3

Isn't she pretty it starts off two tone.

redrises5

This one too has only one bloom, but it did at least come back. I replanted a few small bushes this year and at least they survived and that's a start. These were the mini ones from the food store. They revert to their normal size when planted in the ground it seems.
102_0320

Well these are the most recent I have to show............I do believe the others, even though they have leaves are not going to make it. I think I will dig them up and plant somewhere else. Maybe I will baby them in pots for a couple of years. Will have more to show later I hope.

1 comment:

Ruth Welter said...

Your garden is really lovely, great photos as well.

Ruth