This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot July.........

July in the garden, its been so hot, so humid that I have not been working outside at all. That means that weeds came from nowhere. I really only have one or two varieties of weeds that I do not allow. One is those little ones that spread so quickly and look like shamrock or something with little yellow flowers. I have no idea what they are. Well its time to get out there and pull them. I have had sprinklers on every day and as we did get a shower last night I gave that a break today.
Yesterday I got a few pictures that I will share now. A few shy pansies hiding under some other stuff caught my eye.
Photobucket
I made some collages of the rest.

garden1jpg


The daisies are looking good.
daisyjpg




So many pretty flowers..........this year things are filling in and certainly looking better than other years. I tend to loose interest at this time of year and let things go.
I don't really have too many Fall flowers. One of these days I will have to think about that.
For now, I enjoy having a look in the evening or morning before it gets too hot.
gardenjpg

The front path..............

104_0215
The daisies by the garden archway.
104_0228

4 comments:

CraveCute said...

Your yard and flowers are beautiful! Great photos! We have been hot and humid here also. Keeping the weeds out can be such a challenge!

My Little Home and Garden said...

Your flowers are so lovely!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Your garden looks lovely,like a beautiful flowering meadow.
Laura x

Jamie Keifer said...

Indeed, flowers are very pleasing to look at. I enjoyed staring at my blooms from time to time. It gives you that refreshing feel and uplifts your mood. Your garden looks terrific by the way and your flowers are stunning! I particularly love the daisies. They look really cute and perfect!