This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, September 17, 2012

September Garden............

I have been working on the garden the last several days. The weather has been so beautiful,cool and sunny. I have got a lot done.
One thing I have noticed that the birds are moulting. They look terrible and have for a month or so.

robin
The Mountain Ash was so full this year. It's now berry less. A whole flock of Robins have been stuffing their faces and its all but bare now. This Robin is looking a bit better than it was but the Blue Jays and Cardinals have not replaced their feathers yet. They have bald heads. At first I thought there was something wrong but I don't think so now. I think they are just getting their winter coats.

101_0047

These little birds, Tufted Titmouse are looking as cute as ever though.
cute
There's not a lot to show in the garden now, but I got the patio stones filled in. Still not looking its best but its cleaned up at least.
101_0031
It seems bigger though
101_0030
I have my garden broken down into rooms. The Patio is one. The deck another. The deck is more private because of the shrubs around it.
101_0044

For some reason people do not seem to like the Grakel but look how beautiful they are.

101_0022
Then the Squirrels are extra busy collecting nuts and burying them. My neighbour Bud is on the warpath and is after my Skunk.
101_0021

The Asters are blooming. I have brought the remaining Geraniums around to the back so we can enjoy the colours for a little longer.

101_0038
I have pink Asters and White Asters and have a deep purple one as well.

101_0039

The pond is also doing well and I still have 3 fish.
101_0034
The little corner with St Francis is growing in this year. I am trying to use things that spread and it would look just so much better if we could put in a real fence
101_0036

The Morning Glory did so well when we put it in the ground and I just wish it would come up again next year. We shall see but if it doesn't I will get another.
101_0049
So as summer winds down and Fall is just around the corner. I must start to plan for next year.


No comments: