This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Fall Day.....................

We had a great day out yesterday. It was warm, sunny and beautiful. We should have stayed at home and raked leaves and did clean up in the garden, it was just too pretty.
So we got Tristen in the car and headed out to Gallagher's, as we did last Fall. Tristen remembered and was thrilled to go. He did avoid the pigs this time around saying they were stinky. Well they were not, they were napping in the sun. One decided she was hungry and started rooting around in the mud, oh boy.............then it sure was stinky. Don't they look peaceful?

102_0017

Tristen hit the floor running, didn't know what to do first. He headed for the hay bales.
102_0019
He is not shy, he loves to play with other kids. He will watch and copy and do what they do. So it is a bit worrisome sometimes. He is not as old as he looks having just turned 3. He looks to be 4 or five. That's it Tristen, play with the little guys.

102_0015
He will run off and go where he wants, we have to watch like a hawk and yet give him some freedom. I notice when he is in a crowd he will look around for us and stand and watch until he spots us. If he looks worried I call him and he comes for a hug.
Photobucket
There were the usual good stuff there. I bought apples and pumpkin donuts. I knew it would be a struggle to get him away and so I bought him a toffee apple. that did the trick.
102_0056
Off we went to the sand dunes. He walked on walls......

102_0100

Found the Alligator
102_0081

Climbed the dunes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Played in the sand

102_0147

Some day we will tell him the legend of the sleeping bear but today we went to the park before going home.
102_0184
A family was there picnicking and so Tristen rushes out and announced "Hi guys I am here"
He soon found a friend to play with. Again, he shows no fear, saw the boy go head first down the slide and proceeded to do the same. Planting his face in the sand. Second time though he put his hands down first.
102_0189

It was not quite so easy to leave this time, he said "No, you go, I stay here" .......well that was not happening so
102_0191
Then the carry off to the car...........he was yelling "Help me, help me Someone help me" ....now that could have been interesting if someone had not seen us arrive.

102_0192

And so we went home. One very tired little boy and two very tired grown ups.............it was a good day.



No comments: