This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, October 26, 2012

Farm Markets.............

I really enjoy going to farm markets. There is something reassuring somehow in looking at all that food, all home made or locally grown. We took Tristen to Gallaghers farm last weekend to play, see the animals and get donuts. Well I think we will be going back this weekend as I want some vegetables. I love the home made bread that they have there too and they have a room full of jams, pickles, jellies and all sorts of home made things. In a different location they sell meat and milk. The cows are raised there and live a good life so I would rather buy there and maybe pay a little more. It's good to see the cows enjoying life in the fields, even in the barns they come and go as they please. Not confined to a small area.
In any case I am sharing some of the beautiful veggies I saw last week.


102_0040
Many kinds of Squash
102_0043
Many I do not know the names of....
102_0042
I think this week I will ask and find out what to get for something different. These remind me of Marrow's that we got in England but so long ago I forget what they looked like

102_0044
The Indian Corn........not sure if they are selling it to eat or for decoration. I know most people decorate with it but you must be able to eat it?
102_0041

The were crates and crates of apples out the back and in the stall different varieties.
102_0014

I have to show the chickens............pretty ones.

102_0026
He was being shy, he does have a head. The others were squabbling over a scrap. Chickens are not the nicest of beings

102_0035

And the winner struts off

102_0030

I will see about going to a different market this weekend so I can find a few different things.

I am linking with Mandarin Orange Monday.......thank you to the hostess I love the cat (smile)

3 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Great pictures! I love farmer's markets as well! I was wanting to see a picture of the donuts? LOL! Take Care ;o)

Cindy Adkins said...

Your pictures are great, Janice! I especially like the ones of the chickens, indian corn and apples. To me, apples say "fall" almost as much as pumpkins. Hope you enjoy going back this weekend - it's very wet and windy here.
Cindy

lorik said...

You have really drawn attention to the colour and patterns of something we see every day. They are great photos! Especially the box of little orange squash. I also like the shots of the chickens.
Thank you for taking part in Mandarin Orange Monday:)
I am glad you like my cat, Melody:))