This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Maple Leaves

101_0401


Mother Nature dipped her paintbrush
In a paint pot yesterday
And fell in love with red and green
And gold and brown and grey

And she said ' I'll paint me something
For these colors are so nice'
And she picked out a maple tree
And it's leaves were her first choice

So the leaves are dying in beauty
Before us here today
And the autumn wind sings softly
As they bob and dip and sway

For she painted each leaf carefully
As it floated round and round
In a glorious swirl of color
They pay homage to the ground

Yes the lovely maids of Summer
With their green frocks bright and gay
Have changed their dancing costumes
For the last waltz of the day

In a lovely panorama
They grace the stage with ease
In honor of the mother
Whom they were born to please

And the wind it plays September's song
And kisses them with cold
And our hearts become enamored
Such beauty to behold

And when the dance is finished
To their earthly bed they'll go
And their loving mother, nature
Will cover them with snow.
Ruby D Dodd

No comments: