This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Falling leaves.............

It's been very windy, but sunny. Actually very nice for Fall.Well I should say for October. Many years we have seen snow by now. Outside of town had frost last night but we did not. My home is in town and Traverse City is on the Bay. Grand Traverse Bay that is............so it helps our weather somewhat. It can be calm here but as soon as one tops the crest of the hill going out of town you may find yourself in a blizzard. There is a snow belt that crosses just above the town.
Yesterday I sat outside for a time and took in the sunshine while I could. Its supposed to rain tonight.
Here are some of the pictures I took that day.

asterjpg



The Pansies were wet from the rain the day before
panseyjpg


I had to get some more pictures of the beautiful leaves around my garden.
japjpg


maplejpg



I had really hoped to get out an about and get some pictures but so far it's not been possible. So these are all around my garden

ivyjpg



Just as pretty but as individuals rather than landscape shots.............maybe this weekend if it's not raining. This one is the seeds off of the Japanese Maple next door.


seedsjpg


Some flowers are still blooming.Pansies do well this time of year.
101_0409

The Nightshade berries

101_0404

Some leaves are brilliant and some are pastels, some are still green. All together they make such a pretty picture
101_0428

All for now, I do hope I can get out and show some beautiful places before the snow flys

No comments: