This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Last Days of Autumn.............

Its over, the leaves are gone. This wind that is the tail end of Hurricane Sandy will finish them off. My neighbours have been busy raking and putting leaves to the side of the road for pick up. Yes well that was a waste of time folks because it will all be back tomorrow.
102_0390
The fields are almost bare of pumpkins already but the few left look pretty.
102_0371
The squash and pumpkins always look pretty.
102_0410
Make the most of these next few weeks, the snow will soon be here, at least here in Michigan.
Here is Tristen playing with the leaves in my garden.....probably the last day without a coat for now.
ytyody

The last of the garden flowers........The Mum's are blooming well
yelm

yellomi

mums

Photobucket

Photobucket
102_0331

Make the most of these pretties, there wont be many more I am afraid. Not from my garden anyway. The pansies are still happy.
102_0282


I collected some leaves and they were quite a variety, so pretty. Bud's Japanese Maple is now bare but I got this picture just before it was stripped.

102_0336
102_0200
I am not at all sure what is coming next, the wind is howling. I feel bad for those in the direct path of this hurricane, Sandy. If it's windy way over here in Northern Michigan, I can only imagine those in a direct path. I pray for them, for the animals and pets. Stay safe everyone and take care of those who can not help themselves.

I am linking this post with Pink Saturday over at How Sweet The Sound




I will be linking with Mellow Yellow Monday thanking my hostess

7 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

We had bad winds last night, but it wasn't as bad as everyone was hit in the United States! Great pictures! Love them all! The snow will be here soon too!

DeniseinVA said...

Great post and all lovely photos. The flowers were gorgeous and Tristen's picture was adorable! Sweet little boy he is :)

joyce said...

so many pumpkins...happy yellow mellow monday!

lorik said...

Gorgeous display of colour! My favourite is the pansy and autumn leaves.

Luna Miranda said...

your photos are beautiful! the pink mums, the red leaves are stunning!

Liz said...

Beautiful photos.

Chubskulit Rose said...

These are gorgeous captures!

A late visit from Mellow Yellow Monday.
I hope that you can still drop by and comment on my Yellow Roses post.
Thanks and have a great evening.