This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ideas for Spring......

Well apart from still needing to prune my roses, there is not a lot going on in my garden. Its so mild for December though. No snow and with rain and thunder expected tonight. strange weather.
So I thought I would do a few posts on some garden ideas. So with that in mind, here are some cool things I found on the web.

I want to find a mirror at a yard sale.

mirrorgarden3...............a mirror in just the right space makes it look as though there is another whole room in the garden. If you hide it among ivy or some dark corner it will just give it a whole new dimension.

mirrorjpg


Then there is the use of doors.........old screen doors or glass doors can open into another part of a small garden making it look so much bigger.


whimsical-rustic-garden-door-margie-avellino-1

I have some old screen doors I would like to try this with. It would be a case of getting my husband to cooperate. I don't think I would be able to manage them on my own. I want them to work like a real door. Mine are pretty open so I may just use them as a base for a vine instead. I just cant wait for Spring so I can get going with some of my ideas.

screenjpg

I am pretty sure I have two screen doors at the back of the garage somewhere, wooden ones. So a coat of paint and some ivy to grow up it, maybe a mirror............Roll on Spring.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

I like these ideas! I think the mirror would be cool!