This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, December 7, 2012

Winter Horses.............

I miss going out to the barn. Even in winter really, that was not my favourite time especially when we were stabled out at Golden Valley. I would go out twice a week and the two days over the weekend. I bought my horse there, she was a riding lesson horse. She stayed there until the owners bought a new place and upgraded to a very expensive establishment. We went with them but were sort of nudged out you might say. It was the best thing I did for Lady. She went to live with a friend that I met at the barn. Her name was Annie and she had rented a small barn very much closer to home for me. Golden Valley was a 20 mile trip and some times in the winter it was hard going. Once we get up the hill out of town the weather is different and this particular night was a blizzard. I think we only stayed long enough to get the horses in and comfortable for the night.
Winterhorses
I remember seeing a man out there by the side of the road taking pictures. Well later on I saw his picture in a gallery. I knew it was him because I knew the horses in the picture.
Well Lady flourished at the new barn. She was with horses she knew and had the best of everything. Eventually we moved again to another friends house where she spent the rest of her life living 41 years. One happy horse. This snow picture was in her younger years but she thrived in winter weather and grew a very thick and long coat. She also had two all weather coats on top when it got really cold and she was outside all day most days. She was a healthy girl her entire life and it was old age that eventually got her. She just simply wore out.
Ladyinthebarn

The above picture is Lady helping me clean the barn. Actually she is about to open the food chest and help herself to a 2nd breakfast but........well she did as she pleased.

This next picture is not mine and it really looks like her...........and I keep it because its how I think of her when I see the barn now.

myLady

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, you have to miss Lady! The last pic must be very meaningful to you:)