This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Celtic Spring..........

February 1st Saint Brigids Day........... one of the four quarter days of the pagan year, which marked the beginning of spring and lambing.
In England (unlike Michigan) the Spring comes early. This is the time of Snowdrops and early Spring flowers.

012_zps037ebf72

I miss England the most in the Springtime. Its the best time of the year. I even love the rain. We don't really get "showers" here either. You know, those bursts of rain that lasts a few moments and then the sun comes out again. Ours lasts for days it seems.
images1_zps567ee0e8

Violets are one of my favourite flowers. I have a lot of memories tied up in Violets. My Grandmothers name was Violet and my Mothers middle name. I don't think that had much to do with it though. They have a wonderful scent and are just plain pretty.
 photo 71d1a988-f7e4-4b9d-bcd6-78594a14d9d9_zps2a32193c.jpg

St Brigid Born in Ireland in the year 450 to parents who had been baptized by Saint Patrick, Brigid even as a child showed interest in the religious life. Brigid was the daughter of an Irish chieftan; her mother, Brocca, had been a slave at his court.
She was known for her kindness and strength. Read about her in the link.
Celtic Spring.....the Druids, the Henges......Pagan Britain. You have a feel of that in Springtime
Celticsp_zpsadf08595

DruidsCelebrateSpringEquinoxStonehenge8Zkq1ayCeZUl_zpse2b2c590

The Spring time a new beginning.

sheeps_zpsb903734e

Spring1_zps02a58f45
How cheerful those Spring flowers, a hope for things to come............

Linking with

mop it up mondays

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I love Goddess Brigid ;o) Such beautiful pictures! Great post ;o)

Merlesworld said...

Spring is the best no matter where you live.
Merle.....