This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Why We Dont Trim our Pine Trees

I once read a story about all the little creatures that seek protection from the weather under the branches of the pine trees.
We have several in our garden the sweep the ground.

 photo fb53fed4-0a1a-477a-bde0-e952871317f5_zpsc5ff5869.jpg

The Blue Spruce is the smallest one but it hugs the ground. Birds love to nest in it. Where it touches the ground it gives a warm place for rabbits and any other creature to snuggle up and sleep in away from the wind. I hate to see Pines trimmed half way up the trunk. These are so sad trees.

 photo 2785bede-f5c5-4d30-af54-dde96243c34d_zpsfc53d087.jpg

Pine trees should sweep the ground......here is a Bobcat who has been sheltering under the pines


 photo 82995f40-390d-4d2d-b279-af5bc8e80a1e_zpsa557a173.jpg

Think of the Rabbits and other small creatures out looking for food. They need places to hide. These are happy pine trees, doing their job.


 photo df3ca38e-3581-494a-9cfb-7ebc6f19b0d6_zps4587bf78.jpg

4 comments:

Merlesworld said...

The snowy pines look wonderful, you don't see many around here they do grow pine for wood but usually in the mountains or Tasmania too hot I surpose so I can't check if it is done here
Merle......

My Little Home and Garden said...

Those are lovely, wintry photos. The bobcat is incredible.

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous trees! It's true, you never think of all the wildlife seeking protection!

Smalltowngiggles said...

I agree. Two of our neighbors have pines and they have trimmed them half way up. I like when they touch the ground.
Love your blog from one of your newest followers. The pictures are great.