This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Squirrel and the Crow........

Today I put out a lot of bread, also some scrambled eggs and sausage. I had hoped to attract the Starlings or Crows. I have one Crow who visits but seldom comes down. He will leave if he sees the slightest movement so its hard to get a picture.
Well today I saw two Crows.
 photo 796c89b5-da22-4f22-9776-aa5ebaf97073_zpsf332b3ba.jpg

They wont let me get a picture yet, this one is through a closed window.........what happened was this. There was a squirrel who had managed to drag a very large piece of bread up into that tree. He was resting from the ordeal. He had 3 other squirrels sitting hoping he would drop it. The Crow decided he would make sure he did drop it. He flew onto a closer branch but the squirrel moved lower. SO did the Crow. Then the Crow left.
 photo 48fd16af-d410-4eb9-bb94-1367b6123a88_zps4280cb35.jpg
He came back with a friend. They sat and stared at the squirrel as if planning things out. One sat on the wire and one went in the tree. The other squirrels were long gone and I wondered if a hungry Crow would take on a Squirrel. I was sort of upset that they could not see all the bread and sausage and stuff at the feeders. I knew they would not come down though. The one Crow does now and then but by the time I realise he is there he is gone.
 photo abad11cf-6df2-4781-9313-8da60f427d86_zpsda6ee982.jpg
As it happened someone else scared off the Crows so the Squirrel got to finish his lunch in peace.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Crows are very wary of humans and so are pretty skittish. It has taken me the five years i have lived here in this house to get where i am with the crows i have...and still they are wary of me. haha
Keep trying.

Uniquely Ella said...

That's so nice that you put food out for them. I even like how they sound.
Blessing,
Marlene

Magic Love Crow said...

I still have not got a picture of a crow!! You are lucky what you got Janice! I'm sorry the crows didn't get the bread or your eggs and sausage! I am sure they will come back and smile for the camera ;o) LOL! Hugs ;o)