This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, May 15, 2015

Here comes the weekend..............

I am working on the front porch. So far all the plants are fake. I want some colour but not the trouble of having to take care of them. So the roses I found at the thrift store along with the pot with no lid makes a bright spot under the Robins nest.
 photo 31f080da-639b-4248-8ee3-002d7c54830f_zpshfjlzwcf.jpg
I put another thrift store find in a basket to sit next to the rocking chair. I have some painting to do when its not so damp. I think it's supposed to rain this weekend, that means we get to sort the basement. It needs it. I cant find anything and I know I put some garden stuff down there. Since we cleaned out the garage I can pack any garden stuff out there.
 photo 100_6916_zpssgobh0oo.jpg
Some other thrifty ideas for containers. I have some old boxes. Usually I found them at sales or people have found them for me. They breath enough to allow the water to drain out.
 photo 100_6885_zps4ifdd7re.jpg
 photo 100_6905_zps5ye1ei7p.jpg
I like any unusual containers for plants, baskets and things that I get for next to nothing.
 photo 100_6883_zps8nl8dxkh.jpg
 photo 100_6878_zpsbmi40wlw.jpg
Buckets are good.
 photo 100_6875_zpsgmvbicjv.jpg
I bought an ivy, its an indoor plant but will do well in the garden. My Ivy died back last winter so I will buy some more throughout the summer and plant it at the end of the year. I have several spots to put a few to fill in
 photo 100_6887_zps6ngclugp.jpg
I also bought some Blanket flowers to fill in a spot out front. I thinned out some of the stuff that takes over
 photo 100_6890_zpsjvejraby.jpg
I had gone to Garden Goods, I went in for some rooting compound and came out with a bunch of stuff. I always do.
 photo 100_6867_zpsvfpzbcff.jpg
 photo 100_6856_zps3ltyrru6.jpg
 photo 100_6862_zpszx0d4r1u.jpg
I bought this gazing ball, I lost at least 3 this winter.
 photo 100_6909_zpsf7pqhg2f.jpg
This is my newest garden. I got a rose a few weeks back, it should be a climber if it survives. I had a base for a bird bath that broke so I put a plate on it.I should glue it because I think it goes well.
 photo 100_6904_zpsyswwrdmw.jpg
I need some rocks to edge this new little garden.I will see what I can find around the yard to edge. I might just use some plates. I have seen those done well. That may be the thing for here. I do like that little bird bath don't you? Well thats it for today, its been a rainy day so nothing done outside today. I saw some lovely roses at Garden Goods but their prices are so high there, still, I do love that place. I will be spending summer going out to the garden centers that are way out of town its a fun thing for me........maybe not so much for the hubby but hey. I wish he was interested in the garden but he isn't, not unless I want something cut down.










2 comments:

Merlesworld said...

I like your garden all up .
The bird bath works well.
Merle.............

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The artificial flowers add a nice pop of color in spots that you don't want to water or are too shady! The blue bird bath is perfect! Nice job!