This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, October 8, 2015

A few goings on today...........................

Today was raining but we need it very badly. We did get a few visitors. Some more welcome than others. This squirrel was not about to give up. He emptied the whole feeder just about. He jumped from the feeder to the tree when Bijou went out but was soon back
. photo 104_0191_zps3ileqtat.jpg
He had a beautiful tail. Well I was a little put out that he ate the whole thing, so I went and yelled at him from the bathroom window. I take a lot of my pictures from there, its like my blind. I can open the window for good shots. I had to laugh as he took the leap to the tree like before but missed and fell in the rose bush. Ouch, its a prickly rose. Here is Boots laughing at him
 photo 104_0199_zpsqljaoww1.jpg
Today among the birds who came calling was a lovely little Tuffted Titmouse
 photo 104_0196a_zps3nukk2gd.jpg
The inevitable Chickadee
 photo 104_0197a_zpsvzhtuq3j.jpg
Yesterday we had a bit more variety. Some yellow finches came in but I only got this one.
 photo 104_0164a_zpszrq2ti9h.jpg
The Mourning Dove is recovering from moulting and was looking frazzled
 photo 104_0169a_zpsprigiddo.jpg
So was Mr Cardinal
 photo 104_0182a_zpso53u5beh.jpg
 photo 104_0186a_zpsuqzgdot4.jpg
Not a lot to see but I think this lot deserve a showing. It will be nice to see them when they are done with the moult and wearing their winter clothes.

No comments: