This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My Crows are back..............

I have been waiting. I have seen them at a distance. I have called and the Brave One came down to the tree.
 photo 103_1774a_zpsdvhpxpvq.jpg
Then this day I saw three of them, I had put out Thanksgiving leftovers. Brave One came down and must have filled his face to the max. He took the food to the side of the road where the other two joined him
 photo a_zpsji1mnsk1.jpg
Crows eat carrion, so the Thanksgiving turkey was a treat for them. Their beaks must be very strong because you can see he took the whole neck with him.
 photo 103_1773a_zpsazhl4hsj.jpg
Not sure when they will be back, but we had some raw hamburgher we put out today. I am hoping they or some animals will eat that up or I will have to shovel it up tomorrow. I am hoping a hungry Raccoon or Skunk if they are not sleeping yet. I will give them a chance in the morning before I clean it up. Would not surprise me if Boots has not been having her fill.
 photo 103_1772a_zpshslvl5ir.jpg
Anyway, I will call them tomorrow and hope they come down for more. The bread I put out today got washed away with the rain.
 photo 103_1776a_zpse4ob1r94.jpg
I am hoping the rain will stop for a few days. I need to tidy up and put my Christmas/winter stuff out. I should be able to sweep the drive as well. The temps have been quite mild all concidered. It is December after all.

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

My friend, your post made me smile BIG TIME! Thank you :) We have no snow and the temperatures are so high! I don't like it! I hope we get some snow for Christmas! Hugs :)

DeniseinVA said...

Almost forgot, I came back to thank you for the tips on the cabbage soup recipe I posted. That sounds good, I will try that next time :)