This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Someone New.......................

The last couple of days we have had a new visitor. A tiny red squirrel. So dang cute. Still I know they can be trouble so I hope Bud next door doesn't spot him/her. It's been a chore to try and get a picture. He never sits still. He is like a bumble bee flitting hither and yon. Little head pops over the snowbanks to disappear and pop up the other side of the garden. I did manage to get a couple of pictures.
 photo k_zpscizgj2s2.jpg
It's a wonder I got a couple of pictures that were not a blur.
 photo 103_2381g_zpsrft0wbhm.jpg
He got a chunk of cookies. My last batch slid together when I put them in the oven, I could not be bothered to be creative with them and tossed them out for the birds. Well he looks like he is enjoying them.Or it could be Tristens left over peanut butter and chocolate sandwich. Bet is was, either way he got peanut flavour.
 photo 103_2382h_zpsyjwwccyz.jpg
He is soon back on the other side and popping up and down again. He came to the deck once or twice but my camera was not ready.
 photo 103_2388h_zps0dqqdosc.jpg
 photo 103_2383k_zpseylnewwv.jpg
The last few days
it's not been quite as cold. We have had loads of squirrels, Starlings and Blue Jays but the small birds not so much. I saw the Cardinals out front today singing and eating apples. He was probably drunk.
It was raining, sleeting and snowing first thing.
 photo 103_2387_zps6hlv2uiu.jpg
Didn't stop the squirrels. When it's time to eat it's time to eat.
I put out some bread and some left over baked beans. There will be trouble at the roost tonight because this guy really indulged. Bet he sleeps on the outside.
 photo 103_2389j_zps4fzuvui1.jpg
 photo 103_2390j_zpse4w27ztw.jpg
Could not resist one little Chickadee person who showed up looking cute
 photo 103_2391j_zpsmgyeifux.jpg
All for now...........I will be looking out for my new little friend at the feeders. Not sure if he will want to get that close but we shall see.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Awww, so cute! I have to say, I love my squirrels! We have black, grey and red ones! You made me laugh about the baked beans! LOL! As always, loved your pictures! Hugs!