This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It's been slow..................

It has been very slow around here. I don't know what the problem is. The birds have just not been around. I made up some new treats for the suet cages. That brought in some Starlings. This afternoon two Chickadees did stop by. It has not been that cold, not really. We did get a new dusting of snow on top of all the junk I put out there. No one came and ate the bread.It was quite by chance that I saw the Chickadee who was fluffed up and cold. Then noticed there were two, lucky my camera was handy. It is not often they sit still for long. So here are a few close ups I was able to get.
 photo lk_zpsyrehq3ux.jpg
 photo DSCN5902l_zps47mtgjne.jpg
I just love this shot, he sees me but is not going anywhere
 photo DSCN5901k_zps4z8lo7wm.jpg
 photo DSCN5896kk_zpsm5jperdc.jpg
They would go down for a seed, come back and eat it and warm up again before going for another.
 photo DSCN5905_zps98prd24r.jpg
 photo DSCN5887l_zpsarucorjd.jpg
The Starlings came but not many. They made the most of the new treat.
 photo DSCN5884d_zpsibijrkkf.jpg
 photo DSCN5883k_zpspwrhlo5n.jpg
I make the treat with coconut oil that is solid when cold. Mix with peanut butter and a whole load of birdseeds and peanuts.
 photo DSCN5882j_zps5jammklk.jpg
They love it. Especially the Woodpeckers
 photo DSCN5883k_zpspwrhlo5n.jpg
 photo 103_2743h_zpso0stbrdj.jpg
Waiting for the Starlings to leave
 photo 103_2741k_zpsyv4qpmbq.jpg
I did see Mr and Mrs Cardinal this morning but they were not hanging around for pictures. This year they have been really jumpy, usually other times they ignore me. I wonder if that dang Hawk that hung around has put everyone off. Hmmmmm I sure hope they come back soon.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Your pictures would look amazing on cards!!! I have noticed the same around our house! Somedays, the birds are gone for days and then boom, they are back! And, we have a hawk as well!