This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daffodils and Dandelions....................

At long last I have finished the raking. I got the back done and gathered up all the pots to see what was growing in them if anything. Lined them all up. I should have more than enough Hostas to fill in this year. I have enjoyed seeing them pop through and grow each day that the sun shined.
Today I finished the front. So much else to do now though. I have alway liked the plants that spread and fill in. Now that is a problem way too many of those now so that I have to weed them all out. This process will probably take the rest of the summer. The back should be quite easy but the front, that's a different story.
Now I have a huge side yard. This weekend Gerry will have to finish taking out the shrub roots so that I can make a garden there. I am thinking of just some small shrubs. I really don't want another flower garden. Meanwhile the back part of the side yard is coming along
 photo 103_4136_zpswzabtkzo.jpg
 photo 103_4134_zpsk0yh4tca.jpg
What I need here now is about 3 more sections of the wrought iron fencing. That will give a background for that part of the garden. Then I have to decide if I want to continue it across the next part. I think I may do that if they are not too expensive. We shall see. Then I will have to seed outside the fence. I am taking it all in small sections and making each section its own project.
Meanwhile I was seranaded by Mr Cardinal.
 photo 103_4118j_zpsypwzcdae.jpg
 photo 103_4117h_zpsdnycmwgx.jpg
The Mr Robin came down to look for worms after I dumped out a barrel of dirt under the pine tree.
 photo 103_4109h_zpsbajf9lt9.jpg
So here are the Dandelions, the side of the yard outside the fence has loads and I love them. I don't cut grass until they are done blooming.
 photo 103_4151h_zpshsd2e1l2.jpg
So far there are not many but I let them all bloom. I love them. The daffodils are not doing so well this year. I don't know why. In other gardens they are really blooming.
 photo 103_4083h_zpsxauuoill.jpg
I think I really must get some more bulbs in the Fall. I always forget and have lost interest by then.
So, next, I need to get some good dirt and garden food and wood chips. I am still thinking I will get those boxwood shrubs. Meanwhile the tulips at least are looking as though they will bloom this year. Didn't last year.
 photo 103_4101_zps3m3t5qzz.jpg
 photo 103_4087_zpsrevjhfl9.jpg
Grape Hyacinth
 photo 103_4086h_zps1pzmze09.jpg
I have quite a few wild flowers growing in the garden. I want more. The Trilliums are beginning to bloom. I love Trilliums.
 photo 103_4139_zpslyfsq1sv.jpg
So I was about done with my pictures today and I looked out the window and saw this bright little chap.
 photo 103_4170h_zpstcjtizcd.jpg
 photo 103_4171h_zpsbusfuzcm.jpg
 photo 103_4167j_zpsnatjy7wv.jpg
His lady was at the feeder that he wanted to get in on. So he kept trying but then flying off into the tree and grooming.
 photo 103_4158h_zpsswamklsg.jpg
His side was low so he would try to get around the other side with no luck.
 photo 103_4156_zpszh5kealj.jpg
The Chickadee was more cooperative.
 photo 103_4154j_zpslvs9xbtk.jpg
 photo 103_4152h_zpsh6fuyxou.jpg
 photo 103_4153h_zpsvnlufoy1.jpg
Pretty soon the flowers with be out. I have seen the Bumble Bees looking for nesting places.
The fish are being coy
 photo 103_4149_zpsmfvjm0z2.jpg
I have started to put out my glass ornaments, what is left of them. They all need a good wash now.
 photo 103_4148_zpsuddypmwr.jpg
I also have to scrub chairs and cushions and maybe make some new covers. So much to do, and before you know it, its over with and time to rake leaves again. I have to slow down and enjoy every stage, watching the shoots pop up and the leaves come out. Its Spring and I love it.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Janice, you have done a lot of work and it is looking amazing! You are doing a great job! You are right, slow down and enjoy every stage! That's what I am doing this year and I am having a lot of fun! I think I have pretty much finished the front of the house, now I have to finish one side in our backyard. I really enjoyed the bird pics and I love your glass ball!!! Big Hugs!