This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, May 12, 2016

He says snow, I say noooooooooooooo.....................

I have bought my plants and have them sitting under some old windows. I am hoping I can get Gerry to make me some boxes and fit the windows on top so I can have some beds for seeds next year. All is ready to plant but, the weather is not cooperating. He is telling me that it may snow at the weekend. I can't believe this. I normally have my plants in by now. Maybe I can at least plant some seeds.
The Apple tree is beginning to blossom.
 photo 103_4247k_zpskbkbfapp.jpg
I must cover everything tomorrow. What a pain that is. I think I will put bags over everything rather than move it. I just can't be bothered. I wore myself out lugging all the woods chips. I cant cover the cherry tree though.
The Quince is blooming, I plant Quince because it reminds me of my fathers garden. He had Quince growing over his shed in the back garden. So every Spring I imagine that.
 photo quince_zpsblwnjzrb.jpg
These Tulips are on the side of my house looking into Buds garden. They are Buds tulips so I dare not move them haha. The Squirrels transplanted them into my garden. I would like to move some into mine, well technically they are in mine but I didn't buy them.
 photo tulip_zpsyngd4yvh.jpg
That part of the garden is also full of Forgetmenots.
 photo forget_zpsyvjcpkba.jpg
Those I can transplant into my garden, at least some of them. They are sort of wandering around my lawn anyway. Those and Violets and Dandelions, all will go at the first cut and usually after they are done blooming.
I bought some succulents again this year. They seem to do well and if I am lucky they spread. I have bought them in stone containers and put those in the rock gardens. These are in ordinary containers. If they do well I will plant them.
 photo suc_zpspu3h1pba.jpg
I have this Hydrangea to plant in the side by the road where I have put the fence.
 photo 103_4224_zpsatrozldm.jpg
 photo 103_4223_zpskdw4ew3m.jpg
I think it will do well there. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler than today. Today was wet and humid. I hope tomorrow I can get some things done. I bought some purple daisies today and another painted daisy that I will plant with the rose bush.
 photo daisy_zpsvqurdzf2.jpg
 photo 103_4229h_zpsgaxud6ha.jpg
Another big job will be dividing my Hosta
 photo 103_4259h_zps10ddrhvf.jpg
I have a bunch to plant and will be dividing the others that are crowding their pots. This one in the old box is a mini Hosta, but the big ones are also very crowded So you see I do not have time for it to snow now. Way too much to do and I really want to put my garden in.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Good luck!!! Today, it is cool and wet here! I hope nothing dies! I am not planting anything till after May 24th! I did grass seed, but that was it! LOL! Mom's tulips and daisies are coming up and we have the forgetmenots too. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for coming by my blog! Hugs!