This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, November 12, 2017

End of Autumn.......................

The garden is just so boring now. The leaves are just about done, Gerry just raked out back and there were huge piles. I still have to put all my garden stuff away but it snowed so I have to wait now until that's gone. Should get done this week all being well.
 photo 102_zpsgwote5bz.jpg
 photo 102_0163_zpsg3b2ww75.jpg
I just got bird seed and critter food, the Blue Jays love the peanuts
 photo 102_0177_zpsn2bzkjby.jpg
I also got the blocks in hopes of getting Woodpeckers and a bit of variety in the visitors. Usually in Winter there is not much else to report on. The cats don't like being outside so with a bit of luck we may get a lot of visitors.
 photo 102_0173_zpsz0iedkuq.jpg
I didn't really see too many birds all Summer and have not seen the Crows last years Winter. I wonder why they moved on ? If I hear them I will call them down in hopes of giving them food again. They loved our left over foods.
This Chipmunk is pushing his luck, the cats go after them and they get too bold and get caught
 photo 102_0055_zpsveukieme.jpg
 photo 102_0053_zpsbxn9pe5t.jpg
They get way too complacent
 photo 102_0040_zpse54mhpfs.jpg
Any way, I am hoping things pick up now it's cold, and it IS cold for sure.
I brought in some plants and put some up in the bedrooms. We will see how that works out. The Basil did not survive. So far the Rosemary is doing OK. I brought in Geraniums and a few other things and I may have to take some cuttings to ensure plenty come Spring. I brought in the Lavender but have never had success before but I will try to keep it going. I have never had luck with that inside or out. So for now, that's it. Hope I can find some more interesting subjects.

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I just did some major fall clean up today!! I can't believe we are in the middle of November already!! Big Hugs Janice!

Magic Love Crow said...

I forgot to say, love your photos!!!